Information we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us: For example, our website may require you to add your email address to receive emails from us. We ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number, physical address if you enquire about our products or services.
- Information we get from your use of our website: We collect information about how you interact with our website through Google Analytics. This information includes:
- Device information: We collect device specific information (such as your hardware model and operating system version)
- Location information: We collect information about your location such as your city and country location
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from your interaction with our website to improve and develop our products or services and to offer you tailored content – like email newsletters about our products or services.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Unsubscribe from our email marketing database at any time
- Request for your personal data to be deleted from our systems at any time
Accessing and updating your personal information
When you use our products or services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or delete it – unless we must keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside of AWA FM unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share your personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of AWA FM when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any personal information.
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of AWA FM if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable Government request
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
We work hard to protect AWA FM and our customers from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems
- We restrict access to personal information to AWA FM employees, contractors and agents who need to know information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or employment terminated if they fail to meet those obligations.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on the AWA FM website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except usernames which cannot be changed). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Please visit our contact page for information on how to get in touch with us.